I wrote this a few years back and I still find it relevant today – why keep your Albuquerque home on the market during the holiday months?
13 Reasons to List During the Holidays in November and December
Here are the reasons to list your Albuquerque home for sale during the holidays….no kidding!
1. There is less competition for buyers.
2. Winter prospects are more serious buyers.
3. Your home looks better during the holidays.
4. One of the highest percentages if “the listing sold” to “listing taken” occurs during this time of year.
5. Mortgage interest deductions if bought by the end of the year.
6. You may receive more money for your home now because you have less competition.
7. Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during your personal family events.
8. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays, especially during vacations.
9. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month and you must be on the market to capture that market.
10. By selling now you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you want it.
11. When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when many homes are on the market.
12. You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.
13. Corporate transfers, who need to buy a home now, can’t wait until spring.
When you are ready to sell your Albuquerque home, call me first!